ASEAN YOUNG SOCIALPRENEURS PROGRAM 2017
Global Engagement Office (GEO) and Faculty Of Social Political Science (FISIPOL) Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
ASEAN Young Sociopreneurship Program (AYSPP) 2017is a biennale program held by the GEO FISIPOL Universitas Gadjah Mada to present and introduce the concept of social entrepreneurship in the recent world and its context to the regional economic stability. AYSPP aims to give wide and better understanding about social entrepreneurship and its pratical experiences through a week of stimulating program and activities.
Program Overview of AYSPP 2015The first AYSPP was held in 2015, attended by participants from various countries across Southeast Asia region such as the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, and Indonesia.
We were honored to invite inspiring judges and speakers who are prominent in social entrepreneurship in ASEAN such as Veronica Colondam (CEO and Founder of Yayasan Cinta Anak Bangsa (YCAB) Foundation), Jonathan Chang (The Director at Lien Center for Social Innovation, Singapore Management University), Sabrina Mustopo (Founder and CEO of Kakoa Chocolate), Ahmad Yuniarto (former Chairman of PT Schlumberger Geophysics Nusantara) and J. S. George Lantu (Director of ASEAN Functional Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs republic of Indonesia).
"Social entrepreneurs are not content just to give a fish or teach how to fish. They will not rest until they have revolutionized the fishing industry."
Bill Drayton, Leading Social Entrepreneurs Changing the World (2004)
Social Business Plan CompetitionA competition for students and youths from ASEAN and across the globe to create business plan in which significantly addressing social problems in the society. There are six main concerns: services, technology, creative industry, culinary, agribusiness, and tech-startup. The best 20 groups will be selected to attend the final round as well as the other AYSPP programs in Yogyakarta.
- Qualification Round 1. Registration Files 2. Business Model Canvas presentation (we expect you to use/adopt PowerPoint style then convert the file to PDF) with no more than 12 slides
- Select the best 75 teams
- Quarterfinal Round 1. Infographic with business research method 2. 1 minute video explaining and promoting the business idea
- The best 20 teams fly to Yogyakarta
- Semifinal Round Rocket Pitch Presentation in front of the Judges
- Select the best 5 teams
- Grand Final Round Further details about the Grand Final Round will be informed only to the five grand finalists after the announcement.
- Qualification Round
- Ambar Teguh Sulistyani, Dra., M.Si. Lecturer at Department of Public Policy Management, universitas Gadjah Mada
- Dr. Rangga Almahendra CEO ADiTV & Lecturer at Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Quarterfinal Round
- Dr. Hargo Utomo, M.B.A Director of the Directorate of Business Development and Incubation Universitas Gadjah Mada & Lecturer at Faculty of Economics and Business
- Dra. Novi Kurnia, M.Si., M.A. Lecturer at Department of Communication Studies, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Semifinal And Final Round
- Jonathan Chang Executive Director, Lien Center for Social Innovation SMU
- Hans-Peter Ressel CEO Lazada Malaysia
- Drs. Hendrie Adji Kusworo, M.Sc., Ph.D Lecturer at Department of Social Welfare and Development, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Sari Sitalaksmi, Ph.D Lecturer at Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Gadjah Mada
WorkshopThe workshop is designed to introduce the concept of social entrepreneurship in the modern age and its contribution to the society. This program emphasizes on youth’s involvement as social entrepreneurs, in overcoming social problems and improving the regional economic stability. We will unveil the secrets of social entrepreneurship by inviting a panel of professionals who have been successful in contributing to the society with their ideas. The event is free and open to the public.
Veronica Colondam (Founder and CEO of YCAB Foundation)
- Jonathan Chang - “Transform Ideas to Solve Social Problems” Director at Lien Center for Social Innovation, Singapore Management University
- Helianti Hilman - “Delivering Success by Implementing your Plan Strategically” Founder and CEO of Javara
- Hans-Peter Ressel - “Navigating Network and Social Entrepreneur Market” CEO of Lazada Malaysia
ExcursionWe provide the Social Business Plan Competition semifinalists with visitation program to several socialpreneur companies in Yogyakarta with the purpose of observing the work of the social preneur companies as well as expanding the networks by meeting new people in the same field.
- Kerjabilitas* Kerjabilitas.com is the first career network website dedicated to empowering the disabled community in Indonesia by connecting them to the inclusive job providers in the country.
- ViaVia ViaVia is a network of cafes around the world promoting sustainable tourism. ViaVia Jogja offers an art space for young artists, provides support to local activists. It also seeks to be an ecocultural-friendly enterprise by offering trips to traditional villages and using green products for the home stay and the cafe.
Cultural ProgramsCultural programs let the Social Business Plan Competition semifinalists to explore the kindness of Yogyakarta’s culture and famous landmarks. Participants are also encouraged to perform the unique cultures of their home countries in the closing ceremony.
- Ramayana Ballet* Ramayana Ballet is a cultural show, performed in the area of Prambanan Temple with the temple itself as the background of the spectacular open air stage. The ballet tells a classic story about Rama and Shinta, the couple from Javanese mythology. * optional
- Borobudur Temple Built in the 9th century, Borobudur remains as the largest Buddhist temple in the world. It is located in Magelang, 40 km away in the northwest of Yogyakarta. The UNESCO World Heritage Site shows the blend between Indonesian indigenous cult of ancestor worship and Buddhist concept of attaining Nirvana.
- Cultural Night In this session, participants especially the winners of Business Plan Competition will receive the appreciation and exciting prizes for their hard work in this 5 days program. It is also a celebration and perfect time to enjoy as well as promote each country’s culture through art performances. Teams from the same country will merge to prepare and perform a special show that represents the uniqueness of their country during the suppertime, which could be dancing, singing, troupe, or drama.
1. The competition requires a team to consist of 1 – 3 student(s) or youth in the age of 16 – 30 years old. 2. The member of the team must be:
- A student from a university or youth from an organization originated from ASEAN member countries; or
- A student or youth from other countries across the globe who has social entrepreneurship project in ASEAN member countries.
3. The social entrepreneurship project or business proposed must not be older than 3 years. 4. A team may consist of students or youth from different institutions and/or countries. 5. In the case of cross-border team, the team can only be admitted from where the social entrepreneurship project is conducted. 6. A person can only be registered in one team.
1. The team must fill the online registration form on AYSPP 2017 official website by creating an account, create an account here. 2. The team must submit:
- a statement letter confirming that the social entrepreneurship project or business proposed is not older than 3 years;
- a pass photo of each member;
- a scanned identity card (for Indonesian participant) or passport (for international participant) of each member;
The team must submit the Business Model Canvas in format of a presentation document based on the selected category before the deadline; By submitting the Business Model Canvas in format of a presentation document, a team has automatically been registered. Your idea must be a new product or service, a new social enterprise, and a new start-up business.
Today is the very last day of our program on ASEAN Young Socialpreneur. On this day, the committee organized a short visit to the biggest Buddhist Temple in the World. Yep. It is Candi Borobudur in Magelang, Jawa Tengah.Everybody was very excited as they are about to go on a fun vacation with the fellow-young-socialpreneurs from all over ASEAN.
The Borobudur site itself is located about 2-3 hours ride from the hotel where we stayed. Even though the weather is really hot, everybody are still very excited to enter the site. There, they were accompanied by a tourist guide who tell them the story of the Temple-making, and stories behind every relief that were pictured in the walls of the temple. In the temple-area, the commitees also organized a games for all the participants and their LOs.
Can you believe that it’s already the 4th day of our programs? How time flies so fast, right?
Today will be a very exciting day as we are having our GRAND FINAL Round, where there will be 4 grand finalists presenting their business plan more thoroughly in front of all the judges and participants.
Starts at 7.30 in Multimedia Room, UGM Main Building, the Grand Final round was opened by the AKABA Presentation. This team, from the Phillipines, also showcase their products which is school bags.
It’s already the third day of AYSPP 2015, which means….SEMI FINALIST ROUND IS HERE!
Everybody must be getting nervous as on this day, the 20 selected teams will be presenting their social business plan in front of all the judges. But before that, don’t forget that we’re also having an insightful lecture in this morning, presented by Mr. J.S. George Lantu as the Director for ASEAN Functional Cooperation from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Indonesia. Mr. George will be presenting about “The Role of Sociopreneur in Overcoming the Problem of Unemployment in ASEAN”. As we are all know, ASEAN Economic Community 2015 as the first step of ASEAN Community 2020 is going to be implemented very soon at the end of this year.
Further InformationParticipant Relations – Rizki Surya Putra
Partner Engagement – Adelia Murti
Telephone: +6281246476148 Email: email@example.com
Global Engangement Office
Faculty of Social and Political Sciences - Universitas Gadjah Mada Address: Jl.Socio Yusticia no.1, Bulaksumur Post Code: 55281, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Phone: +62-274-563362 ext. 182
Website : fisipol.ugm.ac.id